October 13-15, 2017
This essential college audition preparation series features:
- Masterclasses focusing on the musical and technical aspects of the audition
- Private portfolio review sessions with Soo-Kyung Park
- Lectures and Workshops
- Choosing Repertoire
- Recording your audition
- Audition Presentation
- The Audition Process
- Effective Practice
- How to Enjoy the Process
Who is this class for?
- High School flutists, preparing for undergraduate auditions
- Undergraduate flutists, preparing for graduate school auditions
- Graduate flutists, preparing for doctoral/artist diploma students
- Teachers preparing students for auditions (auditor)
Performers at The Consummate Flutist October are elgible to bypass the prescreening audition for Carnegie Mellon University
How to Apply
RETURNING TCF students:
- Submit application online
- Select your year(s) at TCF on the application
- No audition required for returning TCF students
NEW TCF students:
This year TCF is accepting new students without an audition requirement! We know that you have many auditions and recordings to prepare and do not want a recording to prevent anyone from attending TCF. All that we require this year is a short biography.
Register as an auditor and attend all masterclasses, lectures and workshops as an audience member. You can also register for lessons for an additional fee ($75/30-minutes). Lessons are available on a limited basis.
October Performer Tuition - $400
- One Solo Masterclass Performance for Alberto Almarza
- One Solo Masterclass Performance for Soo-Kyung Park
- One Orchestral Excerpt Masterclass Performance for Lorna McGhee
- One Portfolio Review Session with Soo-Kyung Park
- Attendance at all workshops, masterclasses and lectures
*Additional 30 minute private lessons are available for $75 each
Lodging - not included
Hotel accomodations are available at The Hampton Inn, University Center, for a discounted rate. Call or book through our personalized link (coming soon) to receive the discounted price. Complimentary shuttle service is available at the hotel for transporation to CMU.
On-campus lodging is not available for the October class. The dorms are full during the school year.