Welcome to Pittsburgh, PA, a beautiful city for sight-seeing and the arts. While you are visiting Carnegie Mellon’s beautiful campus during the weekend, take a moment to explore this city of innovation and history. HOTEL and TRANSPORTATION information for your trip:
A limited number of reasonably priced rooms will be available on-campus for attendees OVER 18 YEARS OLD (this is a Carnegie Mellon University Policy) You may choose the days you wish to stay on campus.
2017 Room Prices:
- Single occupancy in a single room: $63.00 per person/per night
- Double occupancy in a double room: $48.00 per person/per night
- Single occupancy in a double room: $89.00 per person/per night
Rooms are part of a 3-room suite and share a suite bathroom and suite living room.
Prices include room and linens:
- 2 bath towels
- 2 wash cloths
- 2 hand towels
- 1 bath mat
- 1 fitted sheet
- 1 top/flat sheet
- 1 pillow w/ pillow case
- 1 bedspread/blanket
*one weekly linen change per group
Rooms must be reserved by JUNE 1.
A $15 registration fee is added to all transactions on the Carnegie Mellon Registration and Housing page. This fee covers the payment processing and office registration through Carnegie Mellon.
High school students under 18 are not permitted in the dorms. Students in the past have stayed in hotels or Airbnb with parents, teachers or friends. Some moms have also coordinated with other high schoolers to stay together as a group. (Even the moms made friends with each other and had fun together!)
In addition, we recommend the following off-campus hotels, which offer discounts to visitors of Carnegie Mellon University. Please call and mention CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY to receive the discounted rates.
Hampton Inn – University Center ($129/night, special TCF rate)
- free shuttle to CMU (hourly from the hotel, by request for pick-up)
- free hot breakfast buffet
- parking fee waived if booked with the TCF rate
- free gourmet coffee/tea bar, all day
- fitness center
- free Wi-Fi
Residence Inn by Marriott – Pittsburgh University *3896 Bigelow Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-621-2200 Less than two miles – All Suite Hotel with Kitchens, great for a teacher traveling with students
- Special Carnegie Mellon University Rates, complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, shuttle service to/from CMU campus, and even complimentary evening social M-W, which includes a meal option and beverages.
Hotels recommended by Carnegie Mellon (mention you are visiting CMU when making your reservation to receive special pricing)
- Hilton Garden Inn – Pittsburgh University Place* 3454 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-683-2040 Less than two miles
- Wyndham Pittsburgh – University Center* 100 Lytton Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-682-6200 1-800-864-8287 Less than one mile
- Courtyard by Marriott Shadyside/Oakland* 5308 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15224 412-683-3113 1-800-321-2211 Less than two miles
- The Shadyside Inn* 5405 Fifth Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15232 412-441-4444 1-800-76-SUITE Less than one mile – Suites available, great for a teacher traveling with students
Transportation from airport:
- 28x Bus service from Airport to Carnegie Mellon University, http://www.portauthority.org/PAAC/Apps/pdfs/28X.PDF
- Hotel shuttle: Inquire with individual hotels for information and schedule
- By taxi or car: approx. 25 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport to Carnegie Mellon University
Meals are not included. A variety of eateries are available on Carnegie Mellon’s campus, as well as restaurants in Oakland, Shadyside and Squirrel Hill.
Additional hotels are available via the Carnegie Mellon website, which also has a comprehensive listing of hotels (some offer discounts to those visiting Carnegie Mellon), free transportation and information about visiting Pittsburgh. Please click here to be redirected to Carnegie Mellon’s website: http://www.cmu.edu/about/visit/index.shtml
Hotels located in SHADYSIDE and OAKLAND will be the closest to campus. Many of these hotels also offer shuttle service to campus. Example: Shadyside Inn has shuttle service to CMU from 8:00am-9:30pm – others will also offer similar shuttle times. Please call individual hotels to setup shuttle service.
All classes, lectures and concerts will take place at the College of Fine Arts (CFA) building on Carnegie Mellon’s campus.