Announcing TCF 2017
June 13-17, 2017
with ALBERTO ALMARZA, JEANNE BAXTRESSER, SOO-KYUNG PARK and guest artists, Marianne Gedigian and Marie Tachouet
PERFORMERS: $650 (plus application fee) – SOLD OUT
AUDITORS: $150/all, $50/day
Auditors are welcome to attend all of the workshops, lectures, masterclasses and events. We welcome flutists of all ages and levels to attend as auditors!
Auditors may also register at the door on the day of the event from 8:30-9:00am every day. Registration at the door is through Eventbrite with a credit card.
Bring the whole flute studio! Group discounts are available for AUDITOR groups of 5 or more. Must register the entire group together to receive the discounted rate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding group registration.
On-campus housing (only available for students OVER 18) must be reserved separately.
2017 PERFORMERS AUDITION REQUIRED – SOLD OUT
MASTERCLASS PERFORMERS Audition Requirements (PERFORMERS only):
Please submit a high-quality recording of:
- One standard piece of the flute repertoire (Ex: a sonatine, French contest piece from the Moyse book, or one movement of a sonata or concerto)
- Plus, two contrasting orchestral excerpts (one lyrical, and one technical)
This recording can be with or without piano and should give a complete picture of the technical and lyrical playing abilities of the performer.
- Audio: mp3 via email or Sound Cloud links
- Video: YouTube links
- *No Dropbox or Google Drive, please*
*INSTRUCTIONS for applying and submitting your audition:
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION
- Submit audition recording:
- March 1 Early Deadline ($20 non-refundable application fee)
- April 1 – Regular Deadline ($30 non-refundable application fee)
- May 1 – Late Deadline ( $40 non-refundable application fee) – If space is available
If not selected as a Performer, applicants may attend as Lesson Participants. A separate application is NOT required.
2017 Lesson PARTICIPANTS No audition required
Flutists wishing to be participants at The Consummate Flutist will receive the following opportunities during the week:
- TWO private Mini-lesson (20 minutes each)
- Optional: Open Masterclass – perform in the open masterclass. Performance spots are by limited and by sign up beginning March 15.
- Participate in Daily Repertoire Reading Sessions (repertoire will be provided prior to class)
- Attend all classes
No audition is required to come as a lesson participant, however space is limited. Students wishing to be participants are asked for a CURRENT BIOGRAPHY with their registration (250 word max). Middle/High School, College, Professionals, Teachers and Amateur Flutists welcome to apply.
*Registration fee: A $25 registration fee is added to all transactions on the Carnegie Mellon Registration and Housing page. This fee covers the payment processing and office registration through Carnegie Mellon. This is separate from the non-refundable application fee.