JOIN US IN 2017 for 5 days of inspiring masterclasses, lectures, workshops and classes with Alberto Almarza, Jeanne Baxtresser, Marianne Gedigian, Marie Tachouet and Soo-Kyung Park.
MASTERCLASS PERFORMERS: $650 (plus application fee) (perform in 2 solo repertoire masterclasses & one orchestral/opera excerpt class, plus attend all classes)
*NEW* Extra 30 minute lesson (LIMITED AVAILABILITY) $75/lesson
LESSON PARTICIPANTS: $450 (2 mini-lessons & optional open masterclass, plus attend all classes)
*NEW* ONE-DAY YOUNG PARTICIPANT: $125 (one lesson plus one-day pass)
AUDITORS: $150/all or $50/day, group discount available
Announcing TCF 2017
June 13-17, 2017
with ALBERTO ALMARZA, JEANNE BAXTRESSER, SOO-KYUNG PARK and guest artists, Marianne Gedigian and Marie Tachouet
Auditors are welcome to attend all of the workshops, lectures, masterclasses and events. We welcome flutists of all ages and levels to attend as auditors!
Auditors may also register at the door on the day of the event from 8:30-9:00am every day. Registration at the door is through Eventbrite with a credit card.
Bring the whole flute studio! Group discounts are available for AUDITOR groups of 5 or more. Must register the entire group together to receive the discounted rate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding group registration.
On-campus housing (only available for students OVER 18) must be reserved separately.
2017 PERFORMERS AUDITION REQUIRED
Audition Requirements (MASTERCLASS PERFORMERS):
Please submit a high-quality recording of:
- One standard piece of the flute repertoire (Ex: a sonatine, French contest piece from the Moyse book, or one movement of a sonata or concerto)
- Plus, two contrasting orchestral excerpts (one lyrical, and one technical)
This recording can be with or without piano and should give a complete picture of the technical and lyrical playing abilities of the performer.
- Audio: mp3 via email or Sound Cloud links
- Video: YouTube links
- *No Dropbox or Google Drive, please*
*INSTRUCTIONS for applying and submitting your audition:
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION
- Submit audition recording:
- March 1 Early Deadline ($20 non-refundable application fee)
- April 1 – Regular Deadline ($30 non-refundable application fee)
- May 1 – Late Deadline ( $40 non-refundable application fee) – If space is available
*Registration fee: A $25 registration fee is added to all transactions on the Carnegie Mellon Registration and Housing page. This fee covers the payment processing and office registration through Carnegie Mellon. This is separate from the non-refundable application fee.
If not selected as a Performer, applicants will be offered the opportunity to come to TCF as a LESSON PARTICIPANT (see below for details)
2017 LESSON PARTICIPANTS No audition required
Flutists wishing to be participants at The Consummate Flutist will receive the following opportunities during the week:
*NEW* this year:
- TWO private Mini-lessons
- Opportunity to perform in an optional OPEN MASTERCLASS (limited availability by sign up)
- Participate in Daily Repertoire Reading Sessions (repertoire will be provided prior to class)
- Attend ALL masterclasses, workshops and lectures
No audition is required, however space is limited. Students wishing to be participants are asked for a CURRENT BIOGRAPHY with their registration (250 word max). Middle/High School, College, Professionals, Teachers and Amateur Flutists welcome to apply.
Watch our 2016 Commercial! TCF 2016 ad video
Pictures from TCF 2015